MAC Alluring Aquatic: Aphrodite's Shell and Fathoms Deep






As foretold in our previous post, the release of the MAC Alluring Aquatic collection meant that our bank balances once again became endangered.
After frantically running to Charlotte's house with visa in hand, I ordered Aphrodite's shell extra dimension bronzer and fathoms deep extra dimension eyeshadow.
My parcel arrived today, a day later than Charlotte's...? But ah well. Aphrodite's shell bronzer is a natural warm golden shade that will work best on light to medium skin tones. The powder is extremely finely milled and almost feels like a cream to the touch.

Fathoms deep appears to be a navy blue on the MAC website but in person it's more of a dark charcoal grey with a blue undertone. This eyeshadow is beautifully pigmented and provided an opaque swatch with one swipe. I really look forward to using this all over the lid for a dramatic smokey eye.

On a final note, yes it was most definitely the packaging which attracted me to this collection with the metallic blue and raised water droplets. I think this is one of my favourite packaging designs MAC has produced.

Grace xx

Share:

0 comments